National Kit Car Show and Club AGM

Rickman events discussions
LeeSample
Comittee Member

National Kit Car Show and Club AGM

Post by LeeSample »

Hi Everyone,

just a gentle reminder that the Club AGM and National Kit Car Show is fast approaching!

Date: 5th/6th May 2019 (AGM on the 5th)

Venue: Stoneleigh, NAEC, Nr Kenilworth, CV8 2LZ

link to event website - https://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/contact_us.php

remember, as a kit car driver you get free entry (in your kit car!)

hope to see you all there

Lee

350panther
Rickman Fresher

Re: National Kit Car Show and Club AGM

Post by 350panther »

Hi Lee,
I will not be able to make the Sunday this year. What is the Monday like, is it worth making the effort to grt there?

KevinHand
Comittee Member

Post by KevinHand »

Hi,
The Sunday is the best day overall. A lot of the individual club stand cars tend to leave towards the end of the show on Sunday. Monday is quite thin on the ground as far as the club stands go, but most of the exhibitors and commercial stands in the halls are still around. Although they do tend to pack up early, so try to get there as early as you can.
Kevin.

LeeSample
Comittee Member

Post by LeeSample »

350panther wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:33 pm Hi Lee,
I will not be able to make the Sunday this year. What is the Monday like, is it worth making the effort to grt there?
Whilst I would love you to attend on the monday, I will say that it was very thin on the ground on our stand last year :-(

the show is still running on the monday, and there is still a lot to see, so it would be great if you could attend, if only to pad out our stand for a bit while you have a look around lol.

hopefully see you there - ill be in the green ratty looking ranger, and my parents will be there in their Rancher :-)

Lee

LeeSample
Comittee Member

Post by LeeSample »

Good morning all,

I know there aren't a massive amount of our members that look on here these days, but i need to draw your attention to a small issue we may be facing...

to date, we have not received any nominations for any of the committee positions. in the case of the other committee members, there is a good chance that they can be persuaded to stand again, but those of you who were present at the last AGM will recall that i made a statement regarding me standing down at the coming AGM.

at present, this situation hasn't changed, and we run a very real risk of folding the club if another Chairperson is not forthcoming. I would prefer for this to not happen...

have a think.

Lee

Micky Walters
Rickman Fresher

Post by Micky Walters »

I would be disappointed to see the club fold but as such a new member I do not really feel I would want to stand as chairman at this early stage in my Rickman career. I hope someone can be persuaded to take up the reins.

I will be turning up in the white convertible tomorrow and plan to stay over as there is a lot to see &the AGM is Monday. I was going to bring a tent but now I am thinking of just reclining the seat in the Ranger and kipping in that, well wrapped up from the cold of course. I have tried it and it is pretty comfortable; luckily I can fall asleep anywhere! Is the Rickman stand easy to find and is an overnight stay on the stand as described, allowed? I look forward to meeting some of you tomorrow. Micky

LeeSample
Comittee Member

Post by LeeSample »

Hi Micky,
apologies i didn't see your post until now, but it was good to meet you on the stand this weekend :)

in total on the sunday we had 8 cars - two Ranchers, 2 saloons, 1 space ranger and 3 convertibles. not a bad turnout. Monday saw just the two convertibles, 2 ranchers, and one saloon. not amazing, but better than last years effort of 2 cars lol.

more bits and pieces to follow, but it was a great weekend, and meeting new and old faces was good as always.

Lee