Shows

Rickman events discussions
BillG
Rickman Fresher

Shows

Post by BillG »

The Flying Fridge has attended a few extra shows this year and always seems to attract a fair bit of attention a couple of weeks ago we went to one which was mainly an event for American cars but again the Rickman (fsv) held its own. We have booked a couple more shows before the end of the season, our next one is at Thoresby hall on the bank holiday Monday, I've got my show cards ready so people know what they're looking at.

KevinHand
Comittee Member

Re: Shows

Post by KevinHand »

Hi Bill,

Sounds like you're having a great time on the show circuit and flying the flag for Rickmans? :D
Have you any details of the shows that you've been to and maybe some photos and I'll include them in the September magazine? :ugeek:
It would be nice to get some feedback on shows to add to the list for next year.

Kevin.

BillG
Rickman Fresher

Post by BillG »

Two of the long established shows that I've attended in the rickman recently were the shows at Clumber park, run by the same outfit that is organising the show at thoresby hall on bank holiday Monday, the other big show is held in Doncaster
, it's the "roadrunners " show, it's mainly American cars but all are welcome, this show is held over three days with evening entertainment etc
There's another show at Doncaster deaf school organised by the rotary club that we attend but this year we went in the quantum, this is held in July every year, again long established. I haven't taken any photos at any of the shows this year, stoneleigh included, plenty from previous years though.
We've also booked at a show at Crowle and Ealand near junction 2 of the m180 that is on in late September it a show with a military and fourties theme, any outings after this will be a bonus.
I'll try to get some photos at these next shows and keep you posted

BillG
Rickman Fresher

Post by BillG »

Two more shows that have been booked though sadly not for the Rickman are the York Historic Vehicle Show on the 17th of September and the NECPWA show at the Yorkshire mining museum on the 24th September the Rickman will be taxed again in October and if all goes well with repairs there may be chance to attend a few shows before winter arrives