White Ranger Spotted in Tetney-gctid3884

Post you spotted's here - it may be another member !
PaulG
Rickman Guru

White Ranger Spotted in Tetney-gctid3884

Post by PaulG »

I spotted a white Rickman Ranger parked in front of somebodies house near Tetney on the coast road between Cleethorpes and Mablethorpe on Saturday. It looked pretty good, anybody on the Forum the proud owner?

LeeSample
Comittee Member

White Ranger Spotted in Tetney-gctid4089

Post by LeeSample »

Not me, but I do have a white one :D

Just thinking about this. Perhaps we could look into getting some club flyers made up that we can fly post strategically put on people's cars that we think may not be club members? ;). It used to work well when I was in the Alfa Owners club :)

Lee

JohnW
Rickman Guru

White Ranger Spotted in Tetney-gctid4263

Post by JohnW »

A good idea, but how many other Rickmans do you see ? I used to drive 20,000 miles a year for work, around Oxfordshire & have only seen one Ranger in the last 25 years, & that was at least 10 years ago. Also remember that approx. 70% of members do not use this forum, some have owned their cars for over 25 years, whilst they are members of the club, their enthusiasm has waned over the years, they have seen & heard it all before.

We do get the odd non member at shows, but instead of telling them they should not park with us, we should make them welcome & encourage them to join, I seem to recall Pete Jeepything saying he had experienced something like that in the past.

Rant over !

John

LeeSample
Comittee Member

White Ranger Spotted in Tetney-gctid4413

Post by LeeSample »

Good point John, you don't see many of us about :-[

Agreed on the stoneleigh thing, if we can get a few more members just by letting them park with us, then that has to be a good thing :)

I'll be bringing the URL stickers that I have left to the show, and if there are any potential members there I will happily dish them out 8-)

Lee