Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid481

Post you spotted's here - it may be another member !
JohnW
Rickman Guru

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid481

Post by JohnW »

Spotted this on Ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rickman-Range ... 4acce4b3c0

Looks like a convertible with hard top, apparently the build was never started, may be useful for someone looking for a new galvanised chassis, body or maybe just a hard top.

John

LeeSample
Comittee Member

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid860

Post by LeeSample »

I saw that too John. I messages the guy regarding price, but he's gonna let it run. I will put a bid on I think, as I'd love the hardtop, then the rest of it will be up for sale......

JohnW
Rickman Guru

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid1167

Post by JohnW »

It will probably not sell for very much if at all, I spotted one on Ebay that was for sale (it was in a bad state - rusted chassis)) & did not sell, I contacted the seller & we came to a deal where I could remove whatever I wanted, was a great source of decent parts for my Ranger & overall I recovered the cost by selling the unwanted bits on Ebay.

Good luck,

John

JohnW
Rickman Guru

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid1418

Post by JohnW »

Did anybody on here get it ? It was ended early.

John

LeeSample
Comittee Member

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid1637

Post by LeeSample »

the guy is listing it separately, but has offered me the hardtop :) I don't know a price yet, but hopefully not too much..... my budget cant stretch too far :(

ill let you all know :)

Lee

Ex_Member

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid1822

Post by Ex_Member »

I saw your posting asking for advice of fixings etc so I guess you worked out a deal. Result. :-)

LeeSample
Comittee Member

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid1978

Post by LeeSample »

Indeed. £50, but could need some work to bring it back to its former glory. I am going to go and pick it up on Saturday, so will get some pics up of the before and after 8-)

Lee

JohnW
Rickman Guru

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid2109

Post by JohnW »

Lee, that seems a fair price, I'm sure you will be able to get it back to its former glory. Does your Ranger have the holes for the hard top ? I only ask because when I got hold of a hard top for my Quantum there were no fixings on the car, I think Rickmans were a bit better though.

John

LeeSample
Comittee Member

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid2214

Post by LeeSample »

Bernard has informed me that they may be dzus fittings, and from the state of the shell, they may be bloomin rusty.......

Worst case, the hardtop comes back ratchet strapped on, and I need to buy all new fixings. Not cheap them dzus ::)

I will be taking the worlds supply of tools with me, including battery drill and very large hammer lol. Hopefully I'll be able to salvage them.

The wife and kids are disappearing to the grandparents for the day, so I get to go and play :)

I'll post lots of pics :)

Also hoping to fit my new diff on Saturday, which I'll take pics of too 8-)

Lee

Out_of_This_World
Rickman Guru

Unstarted Ranger body galvanised chassis on Ebay-gctid2310

Post by Out_of_This_World »

Hi Groovylee,

Check out ebay for Dzus fasteners, not as expensive as you may think, I can't remember how many fasteners there are to hold the top down.

Good luck,

Bernard