Thornton / Crosby-gctid317

Post you spotted's here - it may be another member !
Ex_Member

Thornton / Crosby-gctid317

Post by Ex_Member »

Hi Spotted a white Rancher Monday evening 29th parked in lay-by. Was it anyone who uses the Forum

Eddie

Ex_Member

Thornton / Crosby-gctid740

Post by Ex_Member »

Hi Eddie,

that was my diesel space ranger  :-[ I got a mile into a 50 mile journey to work when it conked out and I had to leave it there all day and get a taxi to my workshop to pick up my ranger convertible and get to work, half an hour late.

stopped by and jump started it on my way home then had to cycle back up and drive the ranger back. I think it was the fuel filter waxing up so I'm going to order new filters this week. after I've paid the parking fine that is  >:(

not too sure whether the rickman is a good choice to do 500 miles a week, mostly on motorways  :-/

Simon_Admin
Rickman Guru

Thornton / Crosby-gctid1073

Post by Simon_Admin »

you could add a mondeo TD fuel heater before the filter ?
RCOC Forum Coordinator

Previous Builds : Robin Hood S7 1600GT, Stylus 1800 Zetec, Rickman 2L Petrol, Rickman 1800 TD
Current : 70's bungalow stuck in the 70's, TVR 400SE "Wedge" & 1999 VW T4 2.5TDi Camper conversion

Ex_Member

Thornton / Crosby-gctid1350

Post by Ex_Member »

Think Simon has something there, its got to be worth a try I think any vehicle should be able to do that kind of trip as long as you check oil, water and tyres regularly. Tony seems to use his as his main form of transport so you could always pick his brains. By the way Simon, nice bit in PPC. TVR looks really nice.

Eddie

Ex_Member

Thornton / Crosby-gctid1576

Post by Ex_Member »

I'll be honest the engine uses a bit too much oil for my liking so if I get the time I'm likely to swap the motor for a 1.8td anyway. Hopefully there'll be enough room for it in the space ranger bay (I know the body is wider but is the engine bay?) the battery has already been resited to the back by the door although I'd like to shift it, possibly to under the wing, and the brake servo is at the front of the engine bay.

not too sure when I'd get the time for this though and the project may grind to a halt before its started  :-[