It's alive

Do you have a Rickman related project ? Share it in the garage
- One thread per project please !
Steve
Rickman Fresher

It's alive

Post by Steve » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:48 pm

Fired it up for the first time and it runs. Few, testing purposes only. I am having trouble bleeding the brakes very poor brake pedal feel, having rebuilt the calipers and fitted new rear cylinders just hoping that it still has air in the system but i have bled it twice now.

Craiggor
Rickman Fresher

Re: It's alive

Post by Craiggor » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi Steve is your ranger's brakes a mix of ford and Subaru parts maybe the master cylinder does not match the Subaru's brakes. Saying that my rancher just past its MOT with what feels to me as poor feel at the pedal it travels quite a bit before they work. I fitted new front calipers and still have an advise for slight imbalance on the rear. I had taken a look at the rears before I took it for a retest and cleaned the shoes and drums wheel cylinder pistons didn't look seized. Going to just replace everything on the back now. But I still don't think that is my problem with the feel. Thinking new master cylinder next.

Steve
Rickman Fresher

Post by Steve » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:48 pm

It is all subaru, got a lot of air out today and pedal feels better, still not happy with it yet hoping to have another go tomorrow.

Steve
Rickman Fresher

Post by Steve » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:56 pm

Brakes feel a lot better on the pedal now, lots more air came out. Had to cut piece and weld up my brand new exhaust to make it fit, still need to add silencers to quieten it down, which is going to be tight with a side exit exhaust.

Steve
Rickman Fresher

Post by Steve » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 pm

Had to strip down brake master cylinder for new seals, kit on order, brakes didn't improve. Starting the interior now while waiting.

Steve
Rickman Fresher

Post by Steve » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:01 pm

New seals fitted and built back up, fitted to car but not filled and tested yet hopefully tomorrow.