Screen rubbers

Do you have a Rickman related project ? Share it in the garage
- One thread per project please !
KevinHand
Comittee Member

Screen rubbers

Post by KevinHand » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm about to order new glass rubbers for Snowey. I've checked Woolies website and I think it's their R-606C? Can anyone confirm please? :D I'm going to renew them all, so it's quite a lot for a Space Ranger. :o
Thanks.
Kevin.

ABurgess
Rickman Fresher

Re: Screen rubbers

Post by ABurgess » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi Kevin.

When I did Trudy's Rancher I bought the same stuff but it was very difficult to put the glass and it actually came out again, Trudy then got some rubbers from a firm in New Milton Hampshire that were the original suppliers to the Rickman factory at Stem lane and they are still opposite the old factory. They are called seals direct and there telephone number is 01425 617722. If you talk to Trudy she may well remember the code supplied, and I believe they supplied info on how to measure for the correct rubbers, I know she said they were very helpful. As for Woolies they supply rubbers but they do not give info about what vehicles they fit.

Hope this Helps

Regards Alan.

KevinHand
Comittee Member

Re: Screen rubbers

Post by KevinHand » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Thanks Alan. I've just had some samples sent through from both Woolies and Seals Direct. I remembered Trudy had mentioned the later were very helpful, so I included the car details in the request. I just had the samples sent through though. Once it stops raining, I'll check them all. I must admit the Woolies sample does seem too large at 6mm body 6mm glass, I have a feeling it might be 5mm/6mm? I'll post an update when I've sorted it. :)
Thanks again.
Kevin. :)