Rancher bed boards

Anything to do with nuts and bolts that is not associated with a build thread
Djdris
Rickman Fresher

Rancher bed boards

Post by Djdris » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi has anyone got a spare front board for bed please? If not a picture would help with size, I can see where it should go . Also what alternative car seats are a good swap for the ones fitted. Thanks Dave Driscoll

RichardS
Rickman Guru

Re: Rancher bed boards

Post by RichardS » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Hello Dave,
I assume you are interested in the board that goes to the front when the driver and passenger seats are moved forward. Mine is just a bit of ply with some framing glued on to stiffen it and a couple of folding legs on the corners to give support. The rear is located on a pair of pins to stop it shifting about too much. However all the Ranchers I've seen have had different interior layouts so it is very likely the bed boards are different as well, mine has a single wardrobe on the O/S and a cooker and sink on the N/S and thus a shorter berth (Tania's side!). If you are on you own I've found there is no need to disturb the drivers seat etc. by just laying diagonally, I'm 6' 1" and there's plenty of room.
I"ll take some measurements and post a picture soon the next time I'm in Norfolk, where Don the Rancher is, I move between there and London so it will be a few days yet. If you are anywhere within striking distance of North Norfolk let me know and come over for a look.
Richard

Djdris
Rickman Fresher

Post by Djdris » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:03 am

Thanks Richard,

the pins are there as are the rest of the boards, sound like same layout, just having new cooker, sink and drawers fitted.
I'm up in Derbyshire so a good way from Norfolk, like it down there especially Cromer, Sheringham area.

Davie

RichardS
Rickman Guru

Post by RichardS » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello again,
I'm in Ludham on the Broads so not so far from the North Norfolk coast which I love, also in the summer I often take the camper up to the Peak District or Yorkshire for a bit of walking. Maybe we could meet up some time and have a mini rally!
Richard

Djdris
Rickman Fresher

Post by Djdris » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:03 pm

If your ever up near Bakewell I have camper parked up at Haddon Grove Campsite, it overlooks Lathkil Dale, nice place for a mini rally.