rancher weight

Anything to do with nuts and bolts that is not associated with a build thread
TrudyL
Rickman Fresher

rancher weight

Post by TrudyL » Thu May 11, 2017 2:55 pm

I realise they were all kitted out differently but can anyone tell me a weight for a rancher? i am sure it was on Q765Jeys reg doc but its not on my current one. Thanks t

RichardS
Rickman Guru

Re: rancher weight

Post by RichardS » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Hello Trudy,
I've raked out the V5C's for Q765 JEY and both the copy of the one for my former address in Essex and my current one here in Norfolk have no data for F.1 Max permissible mass and G Mass in service. As the old copy is an update from the chap in Lincolnshire whom I bought it from, to whom you sold it I believe, I can only conclude it has never appeared on a V5C although it might have been included on an older V5. I have not found any reference to Rancher weights in Rickman literature although there is a very optimistic figure for the Ranger which was useful for brake efficiency sums at MOT time.
If you require a weight for your MOT test I think that campers full into several groups of which the Rancher is the smallest and presents no problems.
I did think of weighing mine to circumvent the Low Emission Zone in London but as I've it is now of no concern, is that stupid or what? a vehicles weight determines the content of the exhaust gases?
Bye the way, I've still not worked out what that bit of red wire with an eyelet at each end hanging from a cup hook is for, Do you know?
Have fun and keep on Ranchering and Rangering!
Richard

RichardS
Rickman Guru

Post by RichardS » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:08 pm

I've just my Rancher MOTed and the very nice man's brake tester calculates the vehicle mass at the same time. Mine is 1585kgs which doesn't seem that heavy to me as it was still loaded with water/gas bottle/tools/etc.
I hope this helps.
Richard

JamesF
Rickman Guru

Post by JamesF » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 am

TrudyL wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 2:55 pm
I realise they were all kitted out differently but can anyone tell me a weight for a rancher?...
Easiest way is a local scrappy or public weight bridge (may charge a £10). My local scrappy did my Ranger for nothing although I dropped off some metal at the same time.