For Sale: 2L Pinto engine and 5 speed gearbox.

Wanted / For sale Adverts look here
TimS
Rickman Guru

For Sale: 2L Pinto engine and 5 speed gearbox.

Post by TimS » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi all,

I have the 2L Pinto engine and 5 speed gearbox available that I personally took out of my 1982 Sierra Estate (after driving it daily for 23 years, with about 100K on the clock) with the thought of one day putting it in the Ranger. It's been dry-stored in my mates garage since then but he now needs the space so it's up for sale.

All I can say is it was running well enough the day I took it out but may well need some attention from being stored (like valve stem seals possibly)?

I think I may well also have a new cam kit for it but I think I only got that because it came along, not that it was needed as such. I may also have some uprated front springs (and eventualy dampers, when I get round to swapping them out) if someone was thinking of putting it in a Ranger.

There is also the 5 speed gearbox that I think I should keep and fit in my Ranger but I don't know if I want the bother.

So, I thought I'd offer it here first before putting it on eBay as I'd like to think it could live on in a Ranger or somesuch so all reasonable offers considered. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. We are in Herts and could possibly deliver within a reasonable radius at cost etc.

RichardS
Rickman Guru

Re: For Sale: 2L Pinto engine and 5 speed gearbox.

Post by RichardS » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Hello Tim,
I'm primarily interested in the gearbox but would take the engine as well. So the question is; What is your real price for any combination that involves the gearbox?
If you want to discuss this then please call/text 07746116847.
Regards Richard.

ABurgess
Rickman Fresher

Post by ABurgess » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi Tim.
Trudy is after a 5 speed gearbox. she is interested in one for her Rancher, can you please give her a ring on 07900978649. I'm putting this on for her as she has forgotten her password!.

Regards Alan.

RichardS
Rickman Guru

Post by RichardS » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 pm

Hello Tim, Alan and Trudy,
I'm only interested in the gearbox as a spare for my Rancher which Trudy used own! Or for a possible diesel conversion of my Ranger so on balance it would seem that Trudy's need is greater than mine thus I'll withdraw by bid to be its owner. I trust this suits everyone's best interests.
Regards
Richard

Simon_Admin
Rickman Guru

Post by Simon_Admin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:28 pm

ABurgess wrote:Hi Tim.
Trudy is after a 5 speed gearbox. she is interested in one for her Rancher, can you please give her a ring on 07900978649. I'm putting this on for her as she has forgotten her password!.

Regards Alan.
Forgot Password button ??? :roll:

TrudyL
Rickman Fresher

Post by TrudyL » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:03 am

Hi Tim can we have an update please. Has the item now been sold. Ta t

TimS
Rickman Guru

Post by TimS » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Hi All and may I say sorry for not getting back to you (all) sooner.

Basically, it's all changed because the mate who needed the space back, had the plans changed on him and so I don't need to get my stuff out now. ;-)

However, I don't think I'm ever going to use the 2L Pinto so that's still available.

In light of the above ... the gearbox may be something I could use, especialy if it reduces the noise levels (for my Tinnitus) so I'm afraid I may hang onto that, for now at least (and if I change my mind you guys will be the first to know, I promise). ;-)

Sorry again for the delay and change of heart.

Tim

p.s. I had to reset my password to get back in again, even though I thought I'd written it all down! ;-(