A name :)
Attachments
Aft_Badges.jpg
Aft_Badges.jpg (385.18 KiB) Viewed 379 times

KevinHand
Comittee Member

Re: Ranger Re-Build-gctid3871

Post by KevinHand » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:05 pm

Looks amazing Paul. :o You must be over the moon and a bit relieved it's finished?
Can't wait to see it. Leaves me feeling a bit of a failure, I haven't even managed to make a start on ours yet. Still, now you've given us the inspiration.
If you get the time, could you put a piece together and I'll include it in the next magazine?
Well done. ;)

PaulG
Rickman Guru

Post by PaulG » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:46 pm

I'll have a go. What are you after, a couple of page summary with 2 or 3 pictures?

KevinHand
Comittee Member

Post by KevinHand » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:54 pm

That would be fantastic thanks. Some of the members don't have access to the internet, so it would be great to share your story with everyone. ;)

PaulG
Rickman Guru

Post by PaulG » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:00 am

Well after a couple of weeks using the Ranger on and off I've only had a few little problems. The plastic thermostat housing kindly fitted by Ford to Zetec engines sprung a leak. The plastic had gone hard and failed around the seal so I replaced the whole housing / thermostat assembly. The dash was a little dim at night so I've replaced the bulbs and cleaned all the bayonet holder connections. Seems better but still intermittently one of two of the bulbs decides not to work. Had trouble with the DAB radio I fitted and after an hour and a half trying to work out why I couldn't get any stations gave up and pressed the factory reset button - now works fine. Checked the tracking and the suspension had obviously settled a bit as it needed adjusting again. One of the number plate light LEDs flashes like a strobe light intermittently, I've checked the connections so I suspect its a faulty unit - replacement on order. So far, so good :D

PaulG
Rickman Guru

Post by PaulG » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:14 pm

A few more niggles sorted out. Number plate LED replaced, hopefully this one will last a bit longer. I've fitted a digital engine water temperature gauge because the one in the old dash seemed to only be capable of using about a quarter of ints range. Now have oil pressure gauge, accurate temp gauge and volt meter. All the diagnostics required :)
Fixed a few more drips by tightening up coolant hose jubilee clips, funny how they seem tight then loosen off after a couple of runs out. Fitted some front spot lights as it seemed rude not to use the mounting points on the bus bar. Nearly covered 400 miles since the build, so far so good :D

KevinHand
Comittee Member

Post by KevinHand » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Doesn't sound too bad, just a few niggles, only to be expected after a full rebuild.Will you be at Stoneleigh? Can't wait to see it. :D
Don't forget, if you get a chance, send me over some pictures and a write up for the magazine. I'll be finishing the March edition soon. 8-)

PaulG
Rickman Guru

Post by PaulG » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Like the gentle reminder :) I have started, so need to make a little time to finish it off :)

PaulG
Rickman Guru

Post by PaulG » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Aiming for a weekend at Stoneleigh. Might do one day in Ranger and one in Westfield. Depends on weather.

PaulG
Rickman Guru

Post by PaulG » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi Kevin,

I've finally written the up the Ranger Re-Build. Please PM me where you would like me to send it.

Paul.