Outlaws Jeep-gctid383

Do you have a Rickman related project ? Share it in the garage
- One thread per project please !
Ex_Member

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2748

Post by Ex_Member » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Well i have gone and done it ::), i have bought a auto gear box, it will be put in when we do the outher work on the jeep, my brother, has has a garage big enought for the 2 cars and all the lifting gear , at the end of march, ( 1 week booked off work :) ) change the body,( no sunroof in this one )rear axle with the 9" drums to be fitted, new front legs, disks, brakes, roof linning will be done in the warm weather, if we get time a respray( a green rickman ),

i have got hold of nos rear vents to go in the rear of the car up by the roof, does any one know the hole size to mark and cut out,

Ex_Member

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2771

Post by Ex_Member » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 am

Sounds like a grand scheme Outlaw. Did you take a hammer to the piggy bank?

Make sure you keep us fully informed when you get the spanners out.

JJ

Ex_Member

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2793

Post by Ex_Member » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 am

Sounds like your going to be busy!

Be as good as new build once your done!

How come your going for a auto box if you don't mind me asking?

Pete

Ex_Member

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2814

Post by Ex_Member » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Worked a few weekends overtime, work was on offer :)

I have allways liked auto,s and seeing the one on ebay a few weeks ago, and talking to the guy selling it, i new that the box would fit, my little brother told my that he had a set of 15x7"alloy wheels if i want them free :), i think that they are tws?, but they fit a 306 may be to wide and touch the front legs :(, will see when i go back to wales and start the work, picking the box up on tuesday from london,

john

Ex_Member

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2832

Post by Ex_Member » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi, as I will be changing my gear box, in a few weeks time,

I will be fitting a capri c3 auto box into my rickman, what I wish to know is can I put dexron 3 in it, insteat of dexron 2,

reson being is I can buy some from work for £2.25 per liter,

I will be draining it all out then and the converter as well,

regards

john

Out_of_This_World
Rickman Guru

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2849

Post by Out_of_This_World » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi Outlaw,

Dexron 3 is the normal recommended replacement oil for ATF.

Dexron 2 was introduced in the 70's but caused problems with corrosion to the solder used in the transmission coolers and and the formulation was changed.

Good luck ,

Bernard

Out_of_This_World
Rickman Guru

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2866

Post by Out_of_This_World » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi Outlaw again,

Being pedantic, after re reading my earlier reply, it isn't "oil" in your gearbox it is "fluid".

This is a criticism of me for being careless and certainly not you.

Good Luck,

Bernard

Ex_Member

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2883

Post by Ex_Member » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Bought the square head lights today also the new front side/flasher lights, for the rickman,roll on 3 weeks time :)

Ex_Member

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2899

Post by Ex_Member » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 am

Well have gone and done it, changed the body, and a few more things,only problem was it was a 360 round trip when i was working on the car,that was over 3 weeks,at least i had the tesco points ;D

her are some phots of the car

Changed the gear box for the auto box, 3 liter capri rad, cortina mk5 seats, new tyres, changed some of the running gear,new brake lines /pipes/shoes/pads/ball joints/lower arms/and a lot more,back lights off a toyato pick up truck, from a boot sale,

still to put the head cloth in, got the square lights that i wanted to try in,

Ex_Member

Outlaws Jeep-gctid2915

Post by Ex_Member » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 am

Yes it does still have the steel wheels on( wheel trims to cover the shabby wheels they need painting as well, as the alloys had about 1mm distance off the front legs >:(, still to sort out the respray in the summer.