The Flying Fridge !-gctid105

Do you have a Rickman related project ? Share it in the garage
- One thread per project please !
Ex_Member

The Flying Fridge !-gctid3490

Post by Ex_Member » Tue May 31, 2011 11:10 am

It's GONE. :-/

Drove up to Yorkshire yesterday to drop it off with it's new owner, train fair home was £84.40! Should've just got a taxi, at least I'd've had a seat.

Any way, good luck to Bill, & I shall look out for it at any upcoming shows.

T

Ex_Member

The Flying Fridge !-gctid3496

Post by Ex_Member » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:28 am

Hi folks, thanks for driving to sunny yorkshire last monday in the "fridge". In the spirit of 21st century upgrades one of the first tasks I have undertaken was to remove the radio cassette and replace it with a radio cd player. Yesterday I stripped out the seats etc and renewed the carpets, bought for a previously disposed of project, the replacement seats will have to wait a little longer. The fridge will hopefully be at newark on saturday 18th,( although I'm on nights on friday) I will try to continue Tony's good work, see you at the shows.

Ex_Member

The Flying Fridge !-gctid3502

Post by Ex_Member » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Well mot time has been and gone again and I'm happy to say that the fridge has kept its 100% pass rate, don't know how many passes that is without counting all the old tickets, guess its about 16 though. :)

Simon_Admin
Rickman Guru

The Flying Fridge !-gctid3508

Post by Simon_Admin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi Bill,

I read in recycle that you changed the speedo drive cog in the gearbox to bring the speedo back to reality, The TDi's speedo is reading approx 5mph slow at 50 MPH, just wonder if it's worth trying a different cog before shelling out stupid money to get the speedo altered.

Ex_Member

The Flying Fridge !-gctid3513

Post by Ex_Member » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi Simon, I've only just read your post about the speedo drive gear, I would say it is well worth checking the drive gear, there are usually a variety of different gears that you can fit and it is a quite easy fix, a quick look on ebay usually shows the gears available and can be picked up relatively cheaply, of course you may well have already been down this route and done the job.