Flying Fridge Part II-gctid2697

Do you have a Rickman related project ? Share it in the garage
- One thread per project please !
BillG
Rickman Fresher

Flying Fridge Part II-gctid3153

Post by BillG » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:27 am

As the fridge doesn't have self cancelling indicators I bought a beeper to remind me to cancel, if I forget, anyway, the beeper sat on a shelf in the garage from the Donnington show until now, not that I've fitted it yet but its already been updated by a all singing etc unit, this one comes with a control box that puts a delay on the beep from 1-20 flashes before it starts so hopefully less anoying. This one is going to be fitted today! :o

BillG
Rickman Fresher

Flying Fridge Part II-gctid3162

Post by BillG » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:25 pm

The beeper is fitted and working with the delay set close to max so I shouldn't hear the noise in normal use, unless I've forgot to cancel, this one was £10 off ebay, plain beeper is £4.25 and with a bright led lamp £6. all post free, may even invest with another. :)

BillG
Rickman Fresher

Flying Fridge Part II-gctid3171

Post by BillG » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:48 pm

An omen? a HGV has just pulled up outside our home, on the side was a web site, www.flyingfridge.co.uk I've just taxed the afore mentioned vehicle, is this an omen then or what?

See you Sunday

Forgot to mention, the hard top will be coming off Saturday,

BillG
Rickman Fresher

Mot

Post by BillG » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:54 pm

We'll mot time has come around again and yet again the flying fridge has passed. As usual it took a bit of a discussion as to which emission test was required, this time though I had took a few print outs from the mot testers manual to prove which it had to pass, usually because it is registered on an L back in '93 they always want to test it with the cat emissions, but the manual has a handful of exclusions that I could use, today's get out of jail was the engines year, in the wings there was "not on the data base" which puts it on pre cat emissions and it was registered in the overlap period where it could again avoid the cat test. After the discussion it was tested and the emissions where ok👍

BillG
Rickman Fresher

Re: Flying Fridge Part II-gctid2697

Post by BillG » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Through out the summer the temperature gauge hasn't been showing its usual temp, it's been reading low, I've finally got around to fitting a new stat, I've put it off quite a while as it's a bit awkward on the zetec, anyway it's finally done.
Another job that's been done today is the diff swap, removing the half shafts wasn't too bad, I used an old scissor jack pushing from the chassis against a old steen wheel fitted inside out, with a bit of pressure from the jack and a few hammer strikes against the wheel they were both removed. The diff that was removed was a 4.125:1 ratio the one I've fitted is I believe a 3.777:1 I didn't count the gear teeth only counted input shaft rotation against crown wheel rotation and as the speedo was over reading a bit hopefully the gearing change will correct it. Refitting the half shafts was fun, I didn't realise that the locking plate only fitted in one position so a bit of trial and error there, once bolted up and filled with oil I refitted the wheels and took it off the axle stands, job done.Both jobs have yet to be road tested but I'm hopeful of a good outcome.